Evolution and Development
- Mid-year, 2010 - Grow Decatur formative and organizational discussions began.
- February, 2012 - Grow Decatur officially launched at the Community Leaders' Breakfast.
- March, 2012 - All-day meeting of 20 Stakeholders to analyze and discuss Decatur's opportunities.
- March through October, 2012 - Community engagement in the forms of individual interviews, community resident surveys, and focus group sessions led to the development of Community Values and Basic Metrics.
- November through December, 2012 - Development workshops held to discuss individual topics as potential areas of focus.
- January, 2013 - First set of Critical Imperatives identified. Teams of community volunteers assembled and began to work in these areas.
- February, 2013 - Major Objectives incorporated in the Grow Decatur framework.
- May through November, 2015 - Formal progress assessment conducted, followed by activities to refresh Grow Decatur's plan.
- December, 2015 - Grow Decatur's redefined set of Critical Imperatives established.